Registration for first year students in 2014
- Are you entering UCT for the first time in 2014?
- Are you registering for a programme in the Faculty of Engineering & the Built Environment?
If you answer yes to both these questions, then you must be on the Jameson Plaza on the upper campus by 10h00 on Wednesday 5 February 2014
EBE Orientation Programme Wednesday 5 February to Wednesday 12 February
What happens during orientation?
- the head of your department will welcome you and you will be introduced to the department
- you will be given an information pack which will include the orientation programme
- you will register for all your first year courses
- you will attend orientation activities which will introduce you to the academic, social and cultural environment at UCT
What must you bring with you?
- Your Identity Book/ passport
- A pen and notebook
When will you register?
First year students will register in their departments on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Times and dates of the department registration will be found in the orientation programme
How important is Orientation?
Attendance at orientation is compulsory.
Students who miss the orientation programme may have great difficulty in adjusting to life at UCT.
If you are an international student, i.e. not a South African citizen or permanent resident, you must go to the International Office (IAPO) to obtain clearance for registration between 09h00 and 15h30 on Tuesday 4 February 2014. Please take your passport and health insurance documentation and be ready to pay your University fees (or show proof of payment if you have already paid). IAPO is situate in the Masingene Building on Middle Campus.
The university residences will open from Tuesday 4 February 2014.
Tuesday 4 February from 14h00 for parents residing outside Cape Town
Saturday 8 February from 09h00 for parents residing in Cape Town
The programme for both days will start in Jameson Hall
What must I do if I am going to be late?
If you miss the meeting on Jameson Plaza, please report to an orientation leader at the helpdesk in the foyer of the Menzies Building (3rd level). The orientation leader will tell you where to go to join your department.
Special permission from the Dean is required for late registration and a late registration penalty of up to R2000.00 will be imposed unless exceptional circumstances apply.
We look forward to welcoming you as a student in our Faculty!
First day of lectures for first year students: 08h00 on Friday 14 February 2014