The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme offers short courses, workshops and conferences. These provide a means for the ongoing education of professionals, outside the formal academic courses offered at UCT for degree purposes. Continuing education is considered to include all subjects that will benefit people in their professional and vocational activities.
- There are generally no formal academic-qualification entrance requirements to CPD courses.
- A certificate of attendance or of successful completion (where an examination is passed) is normally issued.
- Some courses may be undertaken outside normal working hours, while others may require full-time attendance for a number of days.
- Courses may also be run on an in-house basis for companies, if requested.
- Courses presented by the CPD Programme are recognised by ECSA (The Engineering Council of South Africa) for CPD Points.
For further information, please consult the CPD website.