In order to streamline queries please take a moment to read the following information to determine whether your question may be answered.
- The academic year runs from February to November.
- The University of Cape Town does not offer part-time study or distance study for undergraduate Engineering & the Built Environment degrees.
- Students should bring their ID document or passport for registration.
- You may apply online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
- Applications close on 30 September (year previous to study) for South African Residents and Citizens, and for International applicants.
- View the International entrance requirements.
Applying to Architecture
Information for prospective architecture applicants.
Check your application status online or follow the directions on your letter from the admissions office in order to log onto the web and determine your application status. Should you not have received your log-in and password, you may also use your names and birth date.
Should you be considering sponsoring students in Engineering & the Built Environment, please email Mary Hilton or phone +27 021 6504108 for details on the procedure.
Should you wish to advertise bursaries to Engineering & Built Environment students, please email Mary Hilton.
Employment/Looking for Graduates
Please email the Career Services or telephone +27 021 650 5325.
Academic Transcripts/Verification of Degrees/Proof of Degree in English
Please email the Student Records Office or phone +27 021 650 5092.
See the UCT website for general information on graduation.
For the Masters in Project Management please contact Mareldia Fagodien or telephone: +27 021 650 5753.
Other postgraduate queries can be directed to Isha Dilraj or telephone +27 021 650 3860.
Student housing and residence life information is available on the UCT website.
Should the above not cover your query please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on +27 021 650 2699.