The Faculty welcomes applications for postgraduate study from international students. It is important that you are aware, that as an international student, you are responsible for funding your studies for the duration of your degree programme.
You will need to take into consideration:
· air fares
· medical insurance
· tuition fees
· daily travel
· food and clothing.
Your fees are payable prior to registration.
· A limited number of scholarships are available to graduates who are not South African.
· These are awarded on a competitive basis and preference is given to senior candidates.
· The scholarships are awarded to first time registering postgraduates on the basis of academic merit.
· The award is granted for one academic year at a time.
· International students should apply to their own government or appropriate ministry for details on funding.
· Students with outstanding debts will not be permitted to register the following year or to graduate.
View international full degree study information
Visit the Postgraduate & Postdoctoral hub
5th level, New Engineering Building
Madiba Circle, Upper Campus,
University of Cape Town, Rondebosch