Memorandum of understanding
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between postgraduate student and supervisor
- The intention behind the MOU is to clarify "up-front" the agreed roles and responsibilities of both candidate and supervisor, to ensure that the supervision experience is as mutually productive as possible.
- The MOU must be completed by masters and doctoral candidates within six months of initial registration, or at the start of the dissertation/project in course-work masters degrees.
- The Annual Progress Review, where relevant, must be completed each subsequent year, to be submitted not later than 15 October.
- Final sign-off for masters candidates is the HoD, and for PhD candidates, the Dean/Dean's nominee.
- Three copies of the MOU should be signed: one for the candidate, one for the supervisor; one for the HOD / the Faculty Office.
New postgraduate students - 2017 Memorandum of Understanding.
Returning postgraduate students - 2016 & 2017 Progress Report and Memorandum of Understanding.