About the Engineering and the Built Environment Student Council (EBESC)
The EBE Undergraduate Student Council is an annually elected student body whose responsibility is to represent, and communicate the interests of the near 4000 EBE undergraduate students at the University of Cape Town.
- To undertake initiatives which better the quality of student-life.
- To provide students with career, social, and education-related opportunities to enhance their personal and career development.
- To represent students of the EBE Faculty in negotiations with the University and the Faculty, particularly regarding academics, facilities, public relations, IT, and library resources.
- To improve access to resources and facilitate better use of those resources
- To improve the academic standard of the EBE Faculty by identifying and addressing the various issues that affect the students' academic performance
- To encourage integration among the different years' students in the various departments of the EBE Faculty
- People - above everything the EBE Student Council values the people that we serve, we fight to ensure that all our endeavours are in the best interest of the EBE students.
- Respect - With a never ending willingness to serve the students of the faculty we always conduct our business in a polite and respectful manner at all times
- Accountability - We strive to remain accountable and transparent to one another and the student body of the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
- Honesty - We value honesty and seek to maintain honest and open relationships between fellow council members, with the student body, with faculty management, with our associates, and with everyone who has an interest in the business of the EBESC.
- Integrity - We strive to deliver on all our promises to the student body.
- Discipline - We ensure that we stay true to our objectives.
As the Engineering and Built Environment Student Council, it is our duty to identify the needs of the students that we represent and address these needs as effectively as possible.
EBESC Office - Room 337, 3rd floor, Menzies Building
Telephone number for the EBESC office - 021 650 3548
2013 Student Council members
The Council is comprised of ten members.
|Koketso Rammutla||Chairperson||Koketso Rammutla|
|Tvae Sterling||Vice-Chairperson||Tvae Sterling|
|Pratik Gandabhai||Treasurer||Pratik Gandabhai|
|Buhle Manana||Secretary General||Buhle Manana|
|Hiren Makkan||Academic Chairperson||Hiren Makkan|
|Phumlile Ngobeni||Outreach & HR||Phumlile Ngobeni|
|Mfundo Mfengwana||Corporate Relations, Sponsorship & Events||Mfundo Mfengwana|
|Ntobeko Sindan||Student Life||Ntobeko Sindane|
|Nishalin Govendor||Information Technology and Memorabilia||Nishalin Govendor|
|Mohlopegi Mogale||Transformation, Sports, Marketing & Publications||Mohlopegi Mogale|